Friday, March 8, 2013

Day 8 Challenge: Family

Finding the right balance between family, friends and alone time is incredibly hard to balance. Many times I find myself unsure of what is really my time best spent.

Recently,  I have been helping my cousin Erin decide on a college. She is a senior and increibly well-rounded and really has her pick. She is such an amazing person with an incredible spirit. We often discuss how we would like to trade lives... he becoming older and established in her career, and me ready to embark on the journey known as college.

We are spending time together tonight for the first time in 3 months! With our buy schedules, we had to pencil this day in forever ago. Hanging out with her and divulging our current highs and lows makes me realize how important family time really is. Just the other day, playing a game with my family I had this same realization. And now this realization is reaffirmed.

Family time is curcial, especially as I get older and look forward to starting my own in the somewhat near future.

And because this time is so important, I must esxcuse myself to hang out with my cousin/friend.

2 comments:

  1. Cousin/friend- beautiful.
    Your realization is one we all too often lack until much later in life. What a blessing that you have your whole life ahead of you to enjoy these special moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent yesterday with a cousin/friend with whom I have spent very little time (ther than attending a few wakes and funerals) in about 30 years. I hope you enjoyed your cousin / frined time as mych as I did !

    ReplyDelete