Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Day 6 Challenge: Realistic Fiction


            Sadie looked at her phone. 9:13. Then she looked at it again; still 9:13. Sadie continued to anticipate the call. When was it going to come? Why was it taking so long to hear a response?
            She couldn’t understand why he wasn’t answering her incessant calls and texts. Did he not read what she had told him? She clearly stated that it was important and that she wanted to hear his side of the story. Unable to bear the thought of another second going by without receiving a response, she moseyed out into her living room, where her roommate Alex was watching T.V.
            “Am I being unreasonable here? I mean, I said I wanted his thoughts!” Sadie exclaimed.
            “You mean he still hasn’t answered yet!?” Alex asked “Wow! He must really be thinking things through. You did lay it on pretty thick, S.”
            “I know I did, but we have been through so much, I thought he would at least give me a response.”
            “Give him time.” Alex said.
            “Time? It’s been two weeks!”
            Two weeks too long in Sadie’s mind.  Time was running out and she needed an answer, or she would have to take care of things herself.
            Finally the phone rang.
            “It’s him!” Sadie said, her heart pounding and stomach in knots.
            “Well answer it!” Alex yelled.
            Sadie reached for the phone. “Hey, I’m glad you called. Oh… okay, yeah I can do that. See you at 10.”
            “So, what did he say?” Alex anxiously asked.
            “He asked to meet me to discuss it. We are meeting in the park at 10. I need to hop in the shower.”

The time on her phone read 9:50 and Sadie rushed out the door after saying to Alex, “I shouldn’t be long! We will talk when I get home!”
“Good luck…” Alex stated.


11 o’clock rolled around.
Then 12.
Then 12:30.
Alex was worried. She called Sadie’s cell at least 10 times. Finally someone answered… but it wasn’t Sadie. It was him.

To be continued!

3 comments:

  1. I believe this is a CLIFF HANGER! I lved the way you developed your characters and left the "problems" vague. Great beginning!@

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw your story I was wondering if it could be about waiting for the call to find out if school is closed for a snow day!? (Clearly that is where my head is at tonight..or was until the forecast changed!) But your story was SO much better than that. I absolutely love it...I need to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I was reading, I kept thinking of all the possibilities of what it could be that she would have to "take care of herself". Please write the next chapter soon so that we can find out! I'm also very intrigued about this guy!

    ReplyDelete