Sunday, March 10, 2013

Day 10: Challenge?



Okay, I have to admit that I thought this ten day challenge of writing everyday would be just that... a challenge. And to be honest, at first it was! The first day or two I had to remind myself to write. But as I continued on my blogging journey, it became less of a task and more of a relaxation and outlet to express myself.

I felt very surface level with my first couple of posts because I was testing the water and determining exactly how much I wanted to put myself out there. I still have more to divulge and maybe at some point I will get there, but I think this is somewhat what my professor was talking about when she said she discovered a secret about writing not so long ago herself.

It becomes easier over time!!! And quite enjoyable at that. I have learned that writing, like reading allows me to "escape reality" for a short amount of time. I can remove myself from the craziness of my life, and take a moment to reflect. I have determined that I am a night blogger. I like to blog after my "day is over" and use it as a time to look back at my day, week, or year.

Writing is amazing. Writing is fun. I have come to enjoy myself. I wold be lying if I said the feedback didn't make me feel like a child receiving positive feedback from my teacher.

I am glad I embraced this challenge with arms wide open! It has really paid off.

Who says it has to end after 10 days...?

3 comments:

  1. AH...you found what writing CAN do when we become...even if for only 10 days...writers. Can you imagine the impact if we could do this for EVERY child every day?
    PS Congratulations for making the first 10 days....I bet you keep writing for another 10 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - it was hard at first but now I find myself thinking about what to write throughout the day. I enjoy reading everyone else's blogs...heres' to 10 more days! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great reflection! I enjoyed seeing your change of view throughout. Congrats!

    http://sprinklesandicing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete