Monday, January 28, 2013

What I Really Should Be Doing...

I should be doing about a million other things but I haven't visited my blog in a week! Shame one me! Maybe I should change the title to the 'Almost (Weekly) Blog of a New Teacher?'

Today I couldn't help but reflect on snow days of my past. Maybe I was hopeful that me school would have one, or maybe I am hoping we have one in the near future. Regardless, snow days were on my mind. I used to love hanging out with my neighbors, building forts, drinking hot chocolate and having snowball fights. But what I loved most of all was my snow outfit! It was extraordinary! Bright, bulky and oh so 90s.

I wish I could put my snowsuit on and go out and play even if the snow is only an inch high and mixed with rain. I also wish I could have taken my class outside to "play" today. I want to see them outside of our 4-walled classroom. I want to see them in THEIR environment! I think it is important for teachers to do this once in a blue moon... so we can truly build relationships with our kids. It didn't happen today, but who's to say it won't tomorrow? :)


*Side note: Below is one of my favorite 'snow day' pics of all time from the Cosby Show. Enjoy!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I remember that Cosby show as well as those puffy coats. My kids used t slide right down the hill in those overstuffed airbags we called coats back in the day! I do agree that I would LOVE to take kids out to play in the snow. SO MANY have NEVER BEEN.....too cold they say....sigh...so much they are missing!

    ReplyDelete